Beth Lowell: Celebrating the human-animal bond

Rhodesian Daydream (c) Beth Lowell 2011
Medium: Pastel
8"x10"
$350.00
'
Ginger Kitty (c) Beth Lowell 2011
Medium: Pastel
9"x6 1/4"
$350.00


Tucker (c) Beth Lowell 2011
Medium: Pastel
10"x 11"
$350.00



I find that the meditative quality of Reiki clears the mind and helps in decision making processes, whether they're analytical or intuitive, so I think Reiki assists in the creative process by strengthening right brain ability to "go with the flow", also known by artists as "being in the zone", as well as enhancing left brain problem solving needed for technical issues.

I don't make a conscious decision to heal myself or others with my work. Since art is both a meditative and technical pursuit, it's both healing and challenging to me. It's rewarding to me when clients tell me I've captured the spirit of their pet - and so in essence, I think that becomes a healing experience for them, especially when a pet passes away. I think Steven Pressfield sums it up best when he says that artists are the servants of intention, and that "They know they are not the source of the creations they bring into being. They only facilitate." Sound familiar, Reiki practitioners?