Rekha Krishnan: Creating an energetic connection

Gulmohar (c) Rekha Krishnan 2011


Medium: Acrylic on canvas
30"x40"
$900.00

This flower, known as Gulmohar in India, has been called the 'Realization flower' by Mother and Sri Aurobindo. I quote-

"Realisation is...when something for which you are aspiring becomes real to you; e.g. you have the idea of the Divine in all, but it is only an idea, a belief; when you see or feel the Divine in all, it becomes a realisation.

In a more deep and spiritual sense a concrete realisation is that which makes the thing realised more real, dynamic, intimately present to the consciousness than any physical being can be."


--Sri  Aurobindo

 
Rekha Krishnan

Reiki had a very significant impact on my paintings

1. Firstly, I noticed that the colour palette changed to brighter and 'light' filled colours.
2. The theme of each exhibition was always something to do with self realization-
   e.g. "The Rainbow Within", "Energy Manifestations" etc.
3. For me personally, working with Reiki energy while painting was always a meditative experience. It also helped me understand myself better, and in a way, it was a form of self- healing.

Re: the question about whether  create art to heal myself or others- I would say, "Both". The act of painting is healing for me personally, while the finished product- the painting, gives out Reiki to all those who view.